Our licensed service technicians will respond quickly and will provide you with a repair estimate before beginning work on your unit. If the diagnosis is a major system failure they will offer cost effective options on new, energy efficient replacement equipment.
You don’t have to melt in the summer and freeze in the winter when a simple maintenance call to B&E Heating and Air could solve the problem. Most people fail to follow the maintenance regimens recommended by their system’s manufacturer. For most of us we simply don’t give our heating and AC systems a thought until they fail to work properly. Even simple maintenance procedures like cleaning and replacing filters often go undone. The short term effects of such neglect can be poor performance. The long term effects, however, can be a significantly shortened life for your heating and air conditioning unit.
Seasonal Service Tune-Up
An A/C System Tune- Up will help reduce your energy bill, prevent break downs, And overall help save money. Below shows what is checked during our tune- up, and how it will help your system and help save you money
- Inspect and tighten electrical connections.
— Faulty electrical connections can cause unsafe operation of your system and reduce the life of major components
- Check current draw on motors.
- Inspect and check safety and controls.
- Lubricate all motors, bearings, fans, and pumps, as required.
— Parts that lack lubrication cause friction in motors and increases the amount of electricity you use.
- Check for are leaks around furnace/ air handler.
- Check blower motor, speed, and airflow.
- Clean and adjust blower components.
— Provides proper system airflow for greater comfort levels. ( Airflow problems can reduce your systems efficiency by up to 15%.)
- Check temperature drop across evaporator coil.
- Check refigerant temperatures and presssures.
— Too much or too little refigerant will make your system less efficient increasing energy costs and reducing the life of the equipment.
- Inspect, clean, and sanitize condensate pan and condensate drain.
— A plugged drain can cause water damage in the house and affect indoor humidity levels.
- Clean coils.
— Dirt coils restrict airflow reducing the system’s ability to cool your home and cause the system to run longer, increasing energy costs and reducing the life of the equipment.
- Check operation and condition of contactors and relays.
- Check and inspect start and run capacitors and relays.
- Check operation and condition of compressor.
- Check calibration and operation of thermostat.
- Inform customer of findings and recommend necessary repairs.
* Refer a friend or family member and receive an extra $15 off!